So I’ve finally did it. After months of trying to come up with an opt in to offer those of you who sign up for my newsletter. I am trying to build up my mailing list but it has been very slow and steady. I knew that if I could offer a freebie to those who opt in that I would be able to get more people to sign up for my newsletter. So I started doing a lot of research on what type of offer I should use for my opt in. One thing I’ve learned is that you can keep trying new things out to see what works and what your audience is interested in. For those of you who are new to creating an email list. I came up with five tips to creating a list and an offer. I hope this helps you out.
1. I use Mailchimp for my newsletter. It’s free to start out with and till you get to 2,000 subscribers. I don’t have that many but I did upgrade to the $10 a month level so that I could set up email automation which allows me to send out my welcome email with my opt in PDF.
2. You want your opt in to be something that is easy for you to create and I wanted it to be something I could create once and just send out automatically. I will worry about more complicated opt in offers like webinars and courses once I get the hang of things. I think it’s better to start simple.
3. Really think about who you want to attract to your mailing list. I have readers interested in all sorts of topics. I am creating products right now geared towards social media though so I want to attract people to my mailing list who are interested in learning more about social media because they will be more likely to purchase my products then someone interested in cleaning or parenting tips.
4. I created my Opt in PDF right in Canva. I chose their Kindle size but any size would have probably been fine. Then I created my document and when you go to save it you an either download it as an image or a high Quality PDF so I chose a PDF.
5. Once I had my Mailchimp account and my opt in PDF I created an account with Digioh. With Digioh I can upload my PDF and it will give me a link to add to my welcome letter in Mailchimp. That link will allow the reader to go to an upload page so they can download my PDF. If you go to Digioh’s page they will show you a demo of how exactly their site works. It is pretty easy and compatible with Mailchimp.
So my opt in offer is 10 Pinterest tips to help you take your Pinterest to the next level. I’d love for you to sign up for my newsletter and receive your tips.